Friday, April 18, 2008

Foodie

I was 'tagged' recently by a friend to draw up a list of five restaurants I visit the most near my workplace.

Since I work in the city (and chances are, I've probably been to more restaurants in the city than I have back home), I figured I might as well list the names of my top 5-places-to-go-when-I'm-dying-of-hunger around here :-)

Zeytuna (Middle Eastern/Mediterranean)
I love this place for its funky-ness. You enter through a mosaic tile doorway, and there's a tree-trunk like structure in the center. The entire interior of the ceiling is designed to look like the leaves of a tree. The food ofcourse, is a whole entire story all-together. My favorite here is the huge buffett spread they have here, which features really yummy babaganoush and spinach pie.


Lemongrass Grill
This is my ultimate go-to place when I'm craving Thai for lunch. Thai food is all about the balance of flavors - sweet and sour, spicy and mild. My favorite is the Penang curry, with Thai Basil Fried Rice - Yum-o! The Som Tam (Papaya Salad) is a refereshing salad, and the Miso soup is perfect for a rainy day!


Niko Niko
Good Japanese food - Good Vegetarian Japanese food - isn't very prevalent. I love Niko Niko for its Curry Don. It's steaming white rice, with a generous portion of spicy curry (with potatoes & carrots) on top of it. It makes a perfect lunch if I haven't had a morning breakfast :-)


American Masala
I discovered this one very recently - it's actually owned by an Indian chain of restaurants called Baluchi. I have been here only twice - and both the times - the food has been delish! Like most of the restaurants in the area, they serve combo meals. Their Chana Bhatura is to die for, and the Kathi Roll is fab!


Chipotle
I heart Chipotle for its Burrito Bol. It's enormously filling, and I can only hope that I don't fall asleep at my desk after eating one of these! Another fave of mine here is the Guacamole. It's absolutely yum! :-)


I don't eat to live - I live to eat!

No comments: