Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Text Messaging

So, as you can see, I'm posting pretty much every night. Don't get your hopes up too high though - this urge to post oh-so-frequently does die down.

Anyway, I've gotten into text messaging (or 'SMS-ing') lately. Not with too many people, just one or two good friends. I have a 'thing' (aren't I so specific?) about text messages though. If someone sends me a text, I promptly reply back. But, if I don't get a reply back to my reply - that's off limits. My mind discreetly screams out, 'It takes patience and my precious time to type out a text!' Not replying back to a reply is bad texting etiquette.

So, one of my friends messaged me today with a really good news. I texted him back, but no reply! It's okay though. In retrospect, this one is probably the most important one he's sent me till date. Being truly happy for a friend prevails. I guess bad texting etiquette is a pardonable offense after all.

2 comments:

Fahd Shariff said...

If you text someone in a different time zone, where it is 2330, and they are fast asleep, you can't expect them to text back!

Sneha said...

Mhmm. Sure. Excuses, excuses. You've got bad texting etiquette.