Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bonjour Paris!

The trip is on full swing now. I was thinking that London will be nothing new to me, as I've stayed there for about 2 months when I was on a business trip. Yet, I had a great time there. It was all about sightseeing with the family - and meeting up good ol' friends. There was a lot of catch up to do - and as expected - not enough time for it! Luckily, I was able to plan it well so that while my family was doing a lot of the touristy stuff, I was able to kick back with a coffee at Costa with close friends.

Right now, we're in Paris. The city is absolutely beautiful. Very European, even more so than London, I think. Cathedrals, museums, squares, the Seine, Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe - there's so much history and culture to soak in. There's so much to see and do - but nothing beats lazing around at a quaint roadside cafe - sipping on coffee and gorging on a delicious Pain au Chocolat. Pastries here taste like they have tasted never before - and the smell of a patisserie is so inviting that one has to relinquish!
I'm planning to visit the Notre Dame and Tour Eiffel tomorrow. More posts coming soon, so stay tuned! :-)

No comments: