Saturday, June 14, 2008

Juno

I just watched Juno, and I think it's a fantastic movie. It was so refreshing, witty, sarcastic, and funny!

It was a different take on teenage pregnancy - and Ellen Page played her part to the T - a tough cookie, but with a soft & emotional inner-core.

The scenes between Juno, her mom/dad are awesome. I was kind of taken back by how calm Juno's parents were when they found out about her pregnancy - they did not judge her one bit - they just thought of next steps.

Juno handles the situation maturely though - all through the movie, I was thinking - can a girl who's merely 16 have such a balanced head on her shoulders??

Overall, a very different angle on a sensitive societal issue.

4 comments:

adamosf said...

I've heard of this movie, and been told I might like it. Somehow a movie about teen pregnancy doesn't seem fitting for a teacher though. ;)

Sneha said...

Mr. S,

I recommend it - I didn't expect it to be this different!

mookuthi said...

Hi sneha totally agree with you...its such a cool movie. I watched it on valentines day, about 2 mns pregnant myself. Throughly enjoyed it:)

Sneha said...

Mookuthi,

I know! It's a very cool movie :-)
I wanted to watch it when it was still out in the theatres, but I kept missing it...well, better late than never!